1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is a good anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. Tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning decide what you will do,
'My purpose today is to __________.'
5. Live with 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books.
7. Make time for meditation and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time to absorb the wisdom and enthusiasm of people over the age of 70 and under the age of six.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants. Eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to help at least three people smile today.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, and your desk. Let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don't waste precious energy on gossip, or issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and we are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class did. But the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more.
18. Even when life is not fair, it's still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time in negative thoughts, actions or energy.
20. Don't take yourself seriously.
21. You don't have to win every argument. You can agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others'. You can only guess at what their trials may be.
24. You are in charge of your happiness.
25. Greet so-called "disasters" with this question: 'In five years, will this matter?'
26. Forgive everyone.
27. Dwelling on what other people may think of you is a waste of time and energy
28. REMEMBER GOD heals every wound.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change
30. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of things that are not useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
35. Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often. (Or email them)
37. Each night complete the following statements:
I am thankful for __________ today.
Today I accomplished _________.
38. When you are stressed, remember that you are also blessed.
39. Enjoy the ride. This is not Disney World and you don't want to rush through it. Be thankful for this ride through life; enjoy the ride and make the most of it
Thanks, Tom :)
Also posted on Cushing's & Cancer